Friday, June 5, 2015

3-2-1- Ted Talk

After watching the video the first example I saw was how the speaker used the apple. The speaker said how when we go to the store and buy an apple, the sticker on the apple will make it quicker for us to checkout and the counter. But once you get home and decide to eat the piece of fruit, you have to try and peel the sticker off and it gets very messy. The speaker mentions habitualion, which is how humans learn. After doing things over and over again it becomes a habit and the brain can store it as a habit which will allow you to free up your brain and learn more. This is when the speaker uses the example of driving and how as time goes on driving became much easier for him and he became less nervous. A third example he uses was the windshield wiper. He mentions that the creator of it noticed the tiny details, and acted upon them. After acting upon the tiny details, she was able to create something so innovative that cleaning windshield cars became so much easier and passengers in the car could stay warm all the time. 

One thing I remember that was not planned well was a toy my cousin opened one Christmas morning. He was so excited to see the gift but when he tried opening it he couldn't. I tried to help him but then I noticed the box was packed extremely tight. It required a few tools to get it open and it was frustrating because as a little kid all my cousin wanted to do was open the box, but he had to wait even longer now. Another example was my PlayStation 3. When I first got it, I was so excited to open it and start playing. However when I turned it on I had to go through a whole process of creating a very in depth account and waiting for a lot of stuff to download. If I created the game I would try to have it so there would not be as much loading and more straight forward steps so people could play faster. 

I see the iPhone designed well as a product because they take phones that are good as it is, and make them better. It is interesting to see how the company apple can create amazing products and each time a new iPhone comes out it gets better than the last. 

2 comments:

  1. Zack I really like how you explained your examples. I also agree that the iPhone has improved over the years. Overall great blog keep up the work

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that the iPhone is a well designed product because it improved not only from basic phones but itself to be more function able, and it also continues to get better.

    ReplyDelete